Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chamber Event

Today at 4:00 the Columbia Chamber of Commerce had a candidate forum, All four city council candidates were there. Jason Thornhill and Allen Sharrock the two candidates for the 2nd ward, myself and Barbara Hoppe from the 6th all got a chance to answer questions from chamber members and the audience. I felt is was a very friendly upbeat debate, everybody got a chance to show why they should be your choice for the city council. We had good questions and topics to discuss. This type of forum is a great way for the candidates to distinguish their views from their opponent. I think in my race, the difference between us is becoming more clear, which is what you want as we get closer to the April 7th election. If anybody was there, I would love to hear what you thought about the event, or any remarks or questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment